It goes without saying that making sure your boiler is in good condition is a must – especially in time for the cold weather season. Central heating and hot water emergencies are both expensive and highly inconvenient. An affordable boiler cover plan could save you money in the long term, and a regular boiler service will ensure your boiler and central heating are working efficiently and safely all year round – reducing the likelihood of emergencies in the future.
The importance of a regular boiler service
Having a boiler service once a year is important to check that your boiler is working effectively and safely. If the boiler service uncovers any faults or damage, it’s likely that you’ve been wasting money on your utility bills as your boiler hasn’t been working at full efficiency. It’s also essential that your boiler is serviced to check it’s safe as a faulty boiler could start leaking hazardous carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide is an extremely dangerous and scentless gas, making it very difficult to determine if there has been a gas leak in your home. Having a Gas Safe registered engineers conduct a boiler service can help identify any potential issues with your boiler. It’s important to be aware of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning & ensure you have the correct alarms fitted and tested.
The My Central Heating Boiler Service
At My Central Heating, all our engineers are Gas Safe registered and carry out hundreds of boiler services each year. Our engineers will start by testing your boilers settings to make sure everything is working correctly before comprehensively surveying for leaks and corrosion to the unit.
One we’ve surveyed your boiler, we will take off the case to inspect all the main components. At this stage, our engineers will check the pressure of boiler and test that dangerous fumes are not being produced.
At the final stage of our boiler service, our engineer will clean any parts that require it, before fitting the case back over your boiler. Once completed, you’ll receive a report on the work carried out and information about the safety of your boiler. If you have any questions our engineers will provide you with the necessary information and advice.
Book a Boiler Service
When you book a boiler service with us, one of our engineers will visit your property at a date and time that best suits your schedule. Your boiler and central heating system will be inspected and tested, and all findings will be provided in a report – with any ‘next steps’ or repairs outlined.
There are some tell-tale signs that your boiler needs a service or may even need to be replaced.
- Your boiler has a yellow flame, rather than a blue flame
- You notice stains and smoke marks on the boiler
- The pilot light keeps going out
- You’re experience very low water pressure and your water isn’t heating properly
- Your boiler often overheats or refills
If you’re worried that your boiler hasn’t been properly serviced or you’re considering an upgrade, contact a member of our team today. For more information on boiler upgrades, please visit our boiler installation page.
My Central Heating Engineers will:
- Make sure your gas pressure is correct.
- Check your flue to make sure your appliance isn’t leaking carbon monoxide.
- Test your appliance and its controls to make sure they’re safe.
- Check for any wear or leaks.
- Provide you with a checklist so you can find out more about your appliance’s safety.
Why Choose My Central Heating?
- Up to 10 years guarantee on a new boiler
- A fixed price – no hidden costs
- A family run business with over 45 years of experience in the heating industry
- We are a certified Which? Trusted trader
- High standards at a Low Cost
- Gas Safe ACS registered engineers
We can help you with…
- Boiler Replacement
- New installations
- Boiler service
- New Boilers
- New controls and repairs
- Landlord safety certificates